Capital City’s ten core values explain who we are – our identity. They are the building blocks of our ministry and really explain why we do what we do. We believe that core values are the constant, passionate, and biblical beliefs that drive our ministry.
We strive to communicate God’s Word with integrity and authority through various means. We want to help all people find Christ and assist believers to mature in Him. We seek to be creative and innovative while staying doctrinally pure. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
We value worship that acknowledges God for who He is. We believe that honoring God in our everyday living ultimately fuels our corporate worship experiences. (Romans 12:1)
We believe that all people matter to God, and that it is our responsibility to reach them through evangelism both locally and globally. We emphasize relational evangelism in order to impact our surrounding community. (Luke 19:10)
We believe in providing opportunities and environments which strengthen marriages and families. We are committed to strong children and youth programs; therefore we emphasize the development and effectiveness of these ministries. (Deuteronomy 6:7, 2 Timothy 1:5)
We emphasize God’s unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We attempt to motivate people through love and thankfulness rather than guilt, shame, and duty. (Romans 6:14)
We believe that prayer is the means by which we communicate with God, and should be the guiding force behind everything that we do. We strive to be a church that is characterized by passionate prayer. (Philippians 4:5-7)
We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people. Therefore, we are committed to giving our best, to serving with distinction, and to adding value to people’s lives. (Colossians 3:17)
We strive to create environments and opportunities for community and fellowship. We believe that discipleship occurs, servant leaders are developed, and authentic ministry takes place in the context of community. (1 Corinthians 12:25-26)
We believe that we should mirror the heart of God in selfless and sacrificial giving by investing our time, skills, and material resources in building the kingdom of God. (Acts 2:44-46)
We believe that we should be creative and innovative in order to effectively communicate God’s Word and connect people to His kingdom. We are more committed to effectiveness in ministry than adherence to tradition. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
Capital City Church of God is a member of the Church of God denomination (www.churchofgod.org) based in Cleveland, TN. As a local church and a denomination we hold true to the following Declaration of Faith.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Sunday School 10:00AM
Sunday Morning Worship 11:00AM
Sunday Evening Worship 6:00PM